We are disappointed to share with you that we have cancelled performances on the following dates in response to COVID-19:
• March 13, 14 & 15, 2020 (Pictures at an Exhibition)
• March 24, 2020 (Pictures at an Exhibition School Concerts)
• March 26, 2020 (EVENING EPIC at The Carlu)
While we recognize that the risk remains low in Canada, we felt that this decision was important to support our community in protecting all Torontonians. It also aligns with the direction given by Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health to limit gatherings of over 250 people. We have consulted with Roy Thomson Hall and would like to extend our gratitude to them for their collaboration in making this difficult decision.
The following options are available for patrons who have tickets for the EVENING EPIC party (March 26, 2020):
• Exchange your tickets to an upcoming performance in the 2019/20 season. All exchange fees will be waived. If you’re unsure about which future performance to attend, you can decide at a later date.
• Donate your tickets for a charitable tax receipt. Your support during this challenging time is more important than ever. The consequences of the COVID-19 crisis on the financial health of charitable arts organizations like the TSO are unknown. We hope we can count on your generosity.
• Receive a gift certificate for the full value of your tickets, including service charges. Gift certificates may be used to purchase tickets to any Toronto Symphony Orchestra concert through Patron Services or Roy Thomson Hall, or online at TSO.CA.
We encourage you to contact the Development Office via email at eveningepic@TSO.CA for the most efficient service, and a representative will follow up with you.
This global health emergency may cause people to feel distressed, and certainly the arts can have a significant role in increasing one’s sense of well-being during difficult times. While we are currently unable to provide you with the live orchestra experience, we encourage you to listen to the music that brings you the most joy and comfort.
We will update you about other upcoming concerts as the situation evolves. We would like to thank our community—subscribers, donors, patrons, musicians, artistic collaborators, and staff—for their support and commitment to keeping people safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you soon.
CEO, Toronto Symphony Orchestra
The following are resources that you can use to keep updated: